No one can blame us for loving the “one-stop-shop” concept. As corporate retail giants such as Amazon continue to grow, we have come to enjoy the convenience and simplicity of getting it all under one roof.
And the business software world is catching on, especially if you’re a Salesforce customer.
The Customer Success Platform
Using one platform to improve your company’s business software, and meet all of your user’s needs, can be one of the most effective ways to streamline processes and promote growth.
Many businesses are putting themselves at a great disadvantage by using antiquated legacy computer systems to handle their everyday activities. These systems bog down the sales process, create a frustrating customer experience and give business leaders and sales reps an inconsistent and incomplete customer profile.
Salesforce is a comprehensive software solution that can be customized to run many, if not all, areas of your business.
Salesforce as an all-in-one platform is designed to help companies streamline their processes, attract new customers, manage opportunities and provide a delightful experience for customers from the first point of contact all the way through to the payment process.
Salesforce products are pro-active tools that combine to help you find, win and grow business.
How to Run Your Business on Salesforce
Salesforce.com’s Sales Cloud has long been considered the world’s #1 customer relationship management (CRM) tool designed to help you interact with current and future customers, track sales data, aid in data warehousing and provide customer service tools.
Salesforce goes beyond CRM with their offerings, however. It’s actually a platform comprised of 6 key products plus thousands of apps in the AppExchange (business version of the AppStore) that handle things like expense management, sales incentives, invoices, inventory, project management, contracts and so much more.
- Sales Cloud: CRM that handles reporting, and forecasting, and connects users with customers to close bigger deals faster.
- Service Cloud: Customer service and support tool to connect with customers in entirely new ways.
- Pardot: Create, deploy, and manage online marketing campaigns that increase revenue and maximize efficiency
- Communities: Modern Web portals that enable you to connect with suppliers, partners, employees and customers for better collaboration and productivity
- Force.com: A suite of point-and-click tools that make creating custom apps lightning fast. Better yet – these apps are mobile enabled to save you time and money.
- Wave: Also known as the Analytics Cloud. Wave will help sales reps and other end users analyze data that will help them win more deals in the field with a beautiful, interactive mobile experience.
- Salesforce CPQ: Streamline how you generate quotes and invoices with a solution built into the CRM.
Key Benefits of Salesforce
The reasons a company can benefit from Salesforce are seemingly endless, so here are just a few of the leading ways companies are benefiting from Salesforce products.
- Sales team reporting & management - manage pipeline, opportunities, goals and activities
- Marketing automation – nurture leads and target customers with the right offers at the right time
- Customer service – provide “in the moment” service
- Configure-price-quote – get quotes to customers faster and consistently
- Contract management – streamline contract approvals
- Project management – manage your projects from a central hub
- Inventory management – streamline the inventory process
- Customer and employee portals – build self service Communities for customers and vendors to manage their accounts
- Employee scheduling and routing – manage crews and service tracks with GPS enabled systems
- Invoicing and accounting – manage invoicing, expense reports and more from one place
Creating a Winning Salesforce Roadmap
In order to execute all the great things Salesforce products and AppExchange apps deliver, you have to create a robust strategy. Most companies use a Salesforce Consulting partner to help guide them on a happy path for success.
- Business Discovery Analysis: We advise clients to conduct a thorough discovery analysis to determine goals, identify inefficiencies, set timelines, establish budgets, and develop creative solutions. During the discovery, all business systems, processes and people must be examined. Properly document any systems that will be phased out and / or integrated into Salesforce. Use the discovery as a starting point to create your long-term strategic plan, or “Salesforce Roadmap.”
- Salesforce Implementation: The multifaceted strategy you developed with your Salesforce Consulting Partner will be deployed to ensure the configuration is accurate, customized, and integrated with existing software.
- Training and Managed Services: In order to guarantee proper Salesforce execution and deployment, proper training is performed, and managed services are available.
- Post Implementation and Innovation: Salesforce is always innovating their products and your business needs will change over time. Work with your Salesforce rep and Consulting Partner to update you Salesforce Roadmap at least every six months.